Friday, July 13, 2012

The Kingmaker Sandbox

Well, I've not posted in months.  That's mostly because I'm crap, and I've also been busy.  Anyway, I've finally started GMing the Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path.  It's quite a lot different from what my players are used to, being a sandbox game.  I'm not saying that were expect to railroaded, but generally speaking there is a distinct plot and they are generally reactive.
In Kingmaker, though there is a plot, it takes a long time to really appear (and isn't that deep), so most of the emphasis is on the PCs to make the plot themselves.  This is great, IF you have the group that want to do that, otherwise it's going to be boring and tedious I suspect. At the moment I'm still not sure whether my players are going to enjoy it - they've just got to 2nd level and are in the process of 'hexploring' the map.  Let's see how it goes I guess.

The most annoying thing for me is that I'm not getting any chances to use my new Terraclips! :D

You can follow the 'action' at my campaign at Obsidian Portal.

No comments:

Post a Comment